(i) Member of Parliament (Rajya Sabha, Nominated)
Distinguished Professor, (on honorary basis)
Council for Social Development (CSD), New Delhi
(iii) Emeritus Professor of Public Policy
MIT School of Government, Pune
(iv) Independent Director
Tata Teleservices (TTSL) Ltd.
(v) Independent Director,
SS Techno Ltd. Pune
(vi) Independent Director
Sustainable Agro- Commercial Finance (SAFL) Ltd., Mumbai
(vii) Member, Chief Minister’s Advisory Council
-the Apex Advisory Body of Government of Madhya Pradesh.
1. Member, National Advisory Council, Government of India
2. Member, Planning Commission, Government of India .
3. Member, State Security Council, Government of Maharashtra (2008-09)
4. Member, National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi (2008-09).
5. Ex-Officio Member, Board of Governors, Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Development Administration (YASHADA), Pune ( 2006-09).
6. Director, The Jammu and Kashmir Bank Ltd. Srinagar (2008-09).
7. Member, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute (2008-09).
8. Special Invitee on the Executive Committee, Mahratta Chamber of Commerce,Industries and Agriculture (MCCIA)(2007).
9. Member, Board of National Water Academy, Pune (2007-09).
10. Member, Executive Council, Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum (2007-09).
11. Chairman, Board of Trustees, Deccan College Poona Trust, Deccan College Deemed University) (2006-09).
12. Member, Central Board for Workers Education, Pune (2006-09).
13. Member, Governing Board, Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA) (2006-09).
14. Member, Governing Council, Vasantdada Sugar Institute (VSI) Pune (2006-09)
15. Served as an External Examiner for the Ph.D. thesis on "Issue in Monetary Policy Transmission in India" by a student from Indian Institute of Management (IIM),Bangalore (2004)
16. Member of the Board of National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi (April 2004)
17. Member of the Board of Management of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune (June 2003…)
18. Member of the Academic Advisory Council, Gitam Institute of Technology and Management, Visakhapatnam (March 2003…)
19. Member of the Selection Panel of the J. N. Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indian Students, Mumbai (2003…)
20. Chairman, Editorial Committee, Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers (July 2002…)
21. Member, Editorial Committee, Reserve Bank of India Bulletin (May 1996 -- December 1997; March 2002 onwards)
22. External Guide for Ph.D. in economics for two senior officials of the RBI at the IIT, Mumbai (1994-96)
23. Invited by the Indian Economic Association to preside over deliberations on the theme: "Economic and Social Thoughts of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar" during its 76th Annual Conference (February 1994)
24. Member Secretary to the Sub-Committee of the Central Board (of the Reserve Bank. of India) for working out the organizational details of the proposed Board of Financial Supervision, (March 1993)
25. Member Secretary of the Committee (Chairman: Dr. I.G. Patel) to review the working of the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) (March 1993)
26. Nominated as Coordinator of the Securities Irregularities Follow-up Group (SIFG), set up by the Governor for assisting the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) investigating into the Government Securities Scam (August 1992)
27. Entrusted with the responsibilities of Press Relations Officer (PRO) of the Reserve Bank of India as an additional charge (October 1991-- June 1992)
28. Associate Editor, Reserve Bank of India Occasional Papers (March 1988 -- June 1991)